Re: [HACKERS] union in an in clause and timestamp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] union in an in clause and timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Brian Hirt <bhirt@mobygames.com> writes:
> Okay, I'm running into two things that I would expect to work.

> basement=> select 'hello' where 1 in (select 2 union select 1);
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "union"

UNION isn't currently supported in sub-selects.  Hopefully we can make
it work after the long-threatened querytree redesign.  But right now,
the union code is so crufty that no one wants to touch it...

> And then, I find that I cannot create an index on a
> timestamp column;
> basement=> create index ttt on ts(t);
> ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 1296.

For the moment, use one of the other time-related types instead.
After the dust settles from Thomas' upcoming consolidation of the
date/time datatypes, I expect everything that remains will have a
complete set of operators and index support.