union in an in clause and timestamp

От Brian Hirt
Тема union in an in clause and timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Okay, I'm running into two things that I would expect to work.
I've included a simple test case for both to reproduce the problem.

1) Obviously, the first two work and the third does not.
are these bugs?

2) Cannot create index on timestamp colmun

basement=> select version();
version
PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66
(1 row)
basement=> select 'hello' where 1 in (select 1);
?column?
--------
hello
(1 row)
basement=> select 'hello' where 1 in (select 2);
?column?
--------
(0 rows)
basement=> select 'hello' where 1 in (select 2 union select 1);
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "union"
basement=>

And then, I find that I cannot create an index on a
timestamp column;

basement=> create table ts (t timestamp);
CREATE
basement=> create index ttt on ts(t);
ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 1296.
basement=>

--
The world's most ambitious and comprehensive PC game database project.
                     http://www.mobygames.com