Re: pgdump - What happens to data modifications (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) while pgdump is running?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgdump - What happens to data modifications (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) while pgdump is running?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Jack Kerkhof" <jack.kerkhof@guest-tek.com> writes:
> If I run pgdump, and while it is running, execute INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> commands, what will happen to the pgdump results?

Nothing.  pg_dump gives a consistent snapshot.

> The pgdump documentation is not clear on these transaction concurrency
> issues.

Yes it is:

:  pg_dump is a utility for backing up a PostgreSQL database. It makes
:  consistent backups even if the database is being used concurrently.