Re: pgsql: Make heap TID a tiebreaker nbtree index column.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Make heap TID a tiebreaker nbtree index column.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Make heap TID a tiebreaker nbtree index column.  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Re: pgsql: Make heap TID a tiebreaker nbtree index column.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 11:30 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> Your work on test stability probably eliminated 98% of the problems.
>> It's still early, but the buildfarm is mostly fine.

> batfish just had a similar failure, this time in foreign_data -- two
> lines of "DETAIL" output appear in opposite-of-expected order.
> Obviously that's unstable in a way that it wasn't before now, since
> every other animal doesn't have that problem.

Yeah.  My opinion is that we should just qsort the list of targets
during DROP OWNED and be done with this.  I'll post a patch shortly.

In the meantime, would you mind cleaning this up:

nbtxlog.c: In function 'btree_xlog_split':
nbtxlog.c:269: warning: 'newitem' may be used uninitialized in this function
nbtxlog.c:269: note: 'newitem' was declared here
nbtxlog.c:271: warning: 'newitemsz' may be used uninitialized in this function
nbtxlog.c:271: note: 'newitemsz' was declared here