Re: psql dies if I use non-default MaxBackends & NBuffers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql dies if I use non-default MaxBackends & NBuffers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Charlie Crissman <CCrissman@nbibx.com> writes:
> I have a weird one... when I start my postmaster with non-default
> MaxBackends & NBuffers (I am using 64 & 128 respectively, in this example),
> I try to connect via psql and psql quits after I enter my password.  Even if
> I set them to the default (using -o "-N 32 -B 64"), the same thing happens.
> If I leave that off of my startup command, psql connects ok.

Try looking in the postmaster log.  I suspect you will find a complaint
about bad command line parameters there...

If you are actually doing it just as you show above, the problem is that
-N and -B are postmaster switches not backend switches.  They don't go
into the argument of -o.