Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Дата
Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Peter Eisentraut<peter_e@gmx.net>  writes:
>>> How about
>>> select myfunc(a := 7, b := 6);

> If we go with that, should we make some preparations to allow => in the
> future? Like provide an alternative operator name for hstore's =>, and
> add a note somewhere in the docs to discourage other modules from using =>.

I'd vote no.  We're intentionally choosing to deviate from a very poor
choice of notation.  Maybe Peter can interest the committee in allowing
:= as an alternate notation, instead.