Re: [9.1] pg_stat_get_backend_server_addr

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [9.1] pg_stat_get_backend_server_addr
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > There are functions pg_stat_get_backend_client_addr and
> > pg_stat_get_backend_client_port, which are exposed through the
> > pg_stat_activity view, but there is no straightforward way to get the
> > server-side address and port of a connection.  This is obviously much
> > less commonly needed than the client information,
>
> ... indeed.  Is it worth burdening the pg_stats mechanism with this?
> The use case seems vanishingly thin.

I am confused how this is different from inet_server_addr() and
inet_server_port().

Also, these functions return nothing for unix domain connections.
Should they, particularly for the port number which we do use to map to
a socket name?

http://enterprisedb.com