Re: BUG #14941: Vacuum crashes

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: BUG #14941: Vacuum crashes
Дата
Re: BUG #14941: Vacuum crashes  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/30/18, 7:19 PM, "Andres Freund" <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Could you post a rebased version of the patch, with an incremental
> addition of what you propose in a separate patch?

Here is a new patch set.  I have attempted to add skip-locked
functionality everywhere it is needed, including VACUUM FULL.

On 4/3/18, 12:12 AM, "Michael Paquier" <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 05:19:46PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
>> On 2018-03-30 18:39:01 +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
>>> I think the most straightforward approach for fixing this is to add
>>> skip-locked functionality in find_all_inheritors(),
>>> find_inheritance_children(), and vac_open_indexes(), but I am curious
>>> what others think.
>
> For vac_open_indexes() it may make the most sense to introduce a new
> try_open_index which wraps on top of try_relation_open with checks on
> the opened relation's relkind.

I looked into this, but I noticed that the analogous
try_relation_open() implements missing-ok for relation_open().  So, I
thought it might be confusing to have try_index_open() be a skip-
locked version of index_open().

The new tests are now passing as expected, but I am still doing some
manual testing.  Since there is quite a bit of added complexity in
this new patch set, I will certainly not be surprised if this gets
moved to the next commitfest.

Nathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
Сообщение: Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data