Re: ParseTzFile doesn't FreeFile on error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ParseTzFile doesn't FreeFile on error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> At Mon, 30 May 2022 13:11:04 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in
>> BTW, my first thought about it was "what if one of the callees throws
>> elog(ERROR), eg palloc out-of-memory"?  But I think that's all right
>> since then we'll reach transaction abort cleanup, which won't whine
>> about open files.  The problem is limited to the case where no error
>> gets thrown.

> Right. This "issue" is not a problem unless the caller continues
> without throwing an exception after the function errors out, which is
> not done by the current code.

Actually the problem *is* reachable, if you intentionally break the
already-active timezone abbreviation file: newly started sessions
produce file-leak warnings after failing to apply the setting.
I concede that's not a likely scenario, but that's why I think it's
worth fixing.