Re: BUG #8375: pg_hba.conf: Include_dir like in postgresql.conf

От Terje Elde
Тема Re: BUG #8375: pg_hba.conf: Include_dir like in postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 8. aug. 2013, at 14:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> This doesn't seem like a remarkably good idea from here, mainly because
> entries in pg_hba.conf are critically order-dependent.  Dropping random
> entries into a conf.d-like directory could produce unexpected results
> --- and in this case, "unexpected result" probably means "security
> failure".

Don't mean to spark or fuel any major discussion on this, but other than sec=
onding that, I'd like to add in that if you need anything that advanced, cha=
nces are that you should either look at simplifying (wildcard usernames, etc=
), look at other authentication-systems (PAM), or set up a build-sytem for p=
g_hba.=20

Terje