Delayed Write Failed

От mcronix
Тема Delayed Write Failed
Дата
Re: Delayed Write Failed  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi
First time poster and complete postgres noob. I basically only ever use it
along side an online poker database program, Holdem manager - I've been
running postgres 8.2 with HEM for ages now, with no problems, when earlier
today I had a window popup from the task bar saying Delayed Write Failed,
and then gave a file path in the postgres data\base\ folder. I was using the
poker program at the time and this kept happening 5-6 times before I stopped
to investigate.

I've tried stop/starting the service but when I rebooted and tried to open
holdem manager a postgres connection could not be made. a repeat attempt to
start it gave the error box saying;
Connection error: FATAL: 57P03: the database system is starting up.

I basically have no idea what the problem is or what caused it and am in
dire need of some help! Has anyone got an idea what could be wrong?

Oh also, I cant defrag drive C: since this happened but I can defrag my
other hard drive I use for storage if this could possibly be related?
Thanks in advance.