Re: pgaccess error message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgaccess error message
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Don Isgitt <djisgitt@soundenergy.com> writes:
> [ pgaccess fails with ]

>  PostgreSQL error message:Connection to database failed
>  ERROR: Client encoding UNICODE is not supported

It looks like pgaccess is trying to use MULTIBYTE support, and your
server wasn't compiled with MULTIBYTE.

I think this shouldn't happen if pgaccess was also built without
multibyte support ... but I haven't looked at the tcl/tk interfaces
in awhile.  There may be some unintended dependency in there.  Or
maybe pgaccess is just picking up a stray libpgtcl (from somewhere
else on your system) that was built with multibyte support.

You can try to track down where the assumption of multibyte support is
coming in on the client side, or you can take the easy way out and
rebuild your server with multibyte support ...