Re: pg_hba.conf is corrupt

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf is corrupt
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
> completely overwritten by binary data.  Been this way for 9 months, and we
> retain backups for 6 months.

> Is there any way to query postgres to regenerate this data?

Nope, sorry.  PG doesn't ever write that file, and it doesn't keep spare
copies for you.

If you haven't shut down the postmaster, it's possible that you could
gdb into the postmaster (blocking connection attempts :-() and dig around
in the postmaster's data structures to reconstruct the info.  But that's
probably impractical unless you have debug symbols for the server, and
even with that it'd be pretty tedious and easy to mess up.