Re: [BUGS] Patch to allow C extension modules to initialize/finish

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Patch to allow C extension modules to initialize/finish
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> So, for example if for someone wanted to
> have a persistent Oracle connection they could not open it pre-fork at library
> load time but they might want to open it immediately after the fork rather
> than when it's first used.

Uh ... why?  Seems like all you're accomplishing there is to expend
cycles that might be wasted, if the particular session never uses
the feature.

In any case, the PG_init proposal neither adds nor takes away ability
to do stuff immediately post-fork, so I think that's an orthogonal
consideration.