Re: 2,2gb of pg_xlog ??

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 2,2gb of pg_xlog ??
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Andy Shellam" <andy@andycc.net> writes:
>> Don't do this.  Postgres itself will remove the file after the
>> archive_command has copied it elsewhere.

> In my 8.1.3 install, it didn't - when I specified a cp command, it left the
> files there.  I had to define the command as "mv" to have them moved.

If it left the files there, it had a reason to (probably, that it wanted
to rename them for use as new WAL segments).  It is NOT NOT NOT the job
of the archive_command to do anything except copy the data somewhere else.

Back to the OP's problem: failure to recycle WAL segments requires some
active looking into, not mindless removal of files.  The only
explanations I can think of are that he's got the checkpoint interval
settings at wacko values, or more likely something is preventing
checkpoints from completing; if so, it's desperately important to find
out what and fix it.  Manual file removal is addressing a symptom not
the problem.