Re: [HACKERS] One-shot expanded output in psql using \G

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] One-shot expanded output in psql using \G
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org> writes:
>> \G will be much easier to explain to existing users (both people
>> coming from MySQL to PostgreSQL, and PostgreSQL users doing a detour
>> into foreign territory), and it would be one difference less to have
>> to care about when typing on the CLIs.

> That's a good argument, but if it's pitted against psql's
> consistency with itself, I'd expect the latter to win.

FWIW, \gx makes sense to me as well, particularly if we make it a
complete extension of \g and allow an optional target file name.
Does that functionality exist in mysql's \G ?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] One-shot expanded output in psql using \G
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] One-shot expanded output in psql using \G