Re: stats collector appears to be dying

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stats collector appears to be dying
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shelby Cain <alyandon@yahoo.com> writes:
> I'm having an issue with what appears to be the stats
> collector process dying on Postgresql 8.0.1 running on
> Windows XP w/sp1.

> 2005-02-23 14:59:17 FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No such file or directory
> 2005-02-23 14:59:17 LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 2748) was terminated by signal 1

Odd.  We probably shouldn't take the message entirely at face value
because of the error code mapping that happens under Windows.
Looking at backend/port/win32/error.c, there seem to be several Windows
codes that are translated to ENOENT:

ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
ERROR_INVALID_DRIVE
ERROR_NO_MORE_FILES
ERROR_BAD_NETPATH
ERROR_BAD_NET_NAME
ERROR_BAD_PATHNAME
ERROR_FILENAME_EXCED_RANGE

I wonder if any of those throws more light on it ...