Re: Synchronous replication: sleeping

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Synchronous replication: sleeping
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 01:12:39PM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> BTW, on what platforms signal doesn't interrupt sleep?

> In theory, none.

In practice, they exist.  In particular I can demonstrate the issue
on HPUX 10.20.  I also dispute your claim that the behavior is
forbidden by standards,  For example, the Single Unix Spec
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/select.html
saith
If SA_RESTART has been set for the interrupting signal, it isimplementation-dependent whether select() restarts or
returnswith[EINTR].

and since we set SA_RESTART for most everything, we are exposed to the
implementation dependency.

I complained about this previously, but nothing came of it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-07/msg00003.php