Re: Yet another fast GiST build

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Yet another fast GiST build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> On 12/01/2021 18:19, Andrey Borodin wrote:
>> Thanks! Looks good to me.

> Pushed, thanks!

I noticed that gist_page_items() thinks it can hold inter_call_data->rel
open across a series of calls.  That's completely unsafe: the executor
might not run the call series to completion (see LIMIT), resulting in
relcache leak complaints.  I suspect that it might have cache-flush
hazards even without that.  I think this code needs to be rewritten to do
all the interesting work in the first call.  Or maybe better, return the
results as a tuplestore so you don't have to do multiple calls at all.