Re: On-disk size of db increased after restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: On-disk size of db increased after restore
Дата
Re: On-disk size of db increased after restore  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=DCND=DCZ?= <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
>>> This is 8.4.4 btw...
>>
>> OK, so the bug is fixed, but you still have fillfactor = 0 on the
>> affected table.

> I'm confused. I'm still seeing a bug in here: I cannot restore a dump
> effectively... Running CLUSTER or VACUUM FULL does not make any sense to
> me in here.

Oh, wait.  What you need is this patch:

    * doc/src/sgml/ref/create_table.sgml,
    src/backend/access/common/reloptions.c (REL8_4_STABLE): Ensure
    default-only storage parameters for TOAST relations to be
    initialized with proper values. Affected parameters are fillfactor,
    analyze_threshold, and analyze_scale_factor.

    Especially uninitialized fillfactor caused inefficient page usage
    because we built a StdRdOptions struct in which fillfactor is zero
    if any reloption is set for the toast table.

    In addition, we disallow toast.autovacuum_analyze_threshold and
    toast.autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor because we didn't actually
    support them; they are always ignored.

    Report by Rumko on pgsql-bugs on 12 May 2010.  Analysis by Tom Lane
    and Alvaro Herrera. Patch by me.

    Backpatch to 8.4.

which I now realize went in *post* 8.4.4.

We're really overdue for a new set of back-branch releases ...