Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> As long as we're willing to live with the understanding that +1day 1 hour may
> produce a slightly different result than + 25 hours, I don't see the problem.

Right, which is exactly why we can't accept the spec's restriction that
the hour field be limited to 0-23.  People may legitimately want to add
48 hours to a timestamp, and *not* have that mean the same as adding
"2 days".  Besides, we would have a backwards-compatibility problem if
we tried to forbid it, since as you note we've always accepted such input.