Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
Дата
Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dennis,

> An implementation like the one Tom (and I) want would start with

> and then after the addition one would get
>
> 2004-11-23 10:00:00 PST

Sounds like we're on the same page then.

> The standard restrict the hour field to the interval 0-23, so there can
> never be any compare between for example '1 day 1 hour' and '25 hours'.
> This means that one can not add two intervals together to get a bigger
> one but that it would still work to do timestamp+interval+interval.

Hour field of the timestamp, or hour field of interval?  There a world of
difference.

As long as we're willing to live with the understanding that +1day 1 hour may
produce a slightly different result than + 25 hours, I don't see the problem.
Currently I can add +900 hours if I like, postgreSQL will support it.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
Сообщение: Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99