C collation and Template 1

От Kasia Tuszynska
Тема C collation and Template 1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I tried to create the following database:

CREATE DATABASE testing

  WITH ENCODING='UTF8'

       OWNER=postgres

       TEMPLATE=template1

       LC_COLLATE='C'

       LC_CTYPE='C'

       CONNECTION LIMIT=-1;

And received the following error in pgAdminIII:

“An error has occurred:

ERROR: new collation (C) is incompatible with the collation of the template database (English_United States.1252)

Hint: Use the same collation as the template database, or use template 0 as template.”

To my understanding Template 1 allows the postgres user to perform housecleaning/administrative tasks such as Vacuum Analyze, Template 0 does not contain those privileges.

My ultimate goal would be to use the C collation and Template 1.

Why are the two incompatible?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kasia