how to check locale of a cluster?

От Kasia Tuszynska
Тема how to check locale of a cluster?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Everybody,

I am comparing selection results between postgres clusters on RHEL4 and Windows Server 2003.

The query is:
select count(*)from schema.table where route < 'Interstate 12'
on the RHEL machine the result has: 102 records
on the windows machine the result has: 586 records
the entire table has 687 records

On both clusters the column route is of type character varying (40)
On both clusters the server encoding is UTF8 - which I can see in pgAdminIII or by querying pg_database

I would like to figure out if the locale on both clusters is the same, because if the locales are different that would
explainthe different result sets for the same query.

Does anyone know how to check the locale of a cluster?

The documentation has yielded this " You can check the LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE settings of a database with the
contrib/pg_controldatautility program."
I do not have a contrib folder on either machine, I suppose that I could go install it but is there an easier way?

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Kasia