Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> FWIW I’m thinking of something like:

> `/docs/release-notes/release-X-Y(-Z)?.html`

> and have them all live there. Of course the docs themselves would still
> have their copy of the release notes, but we could at least have a single
> repository of all the releases, which I do see on other OSS projects.

I'm imagining this being a repo of only the obsolete branches' release
notes, not the active ones.  Otherwise we are talking about maintaining
two copies of active release note files (because of the xref problem).
I personally will flat out refuse to do that; the overhead of maintaining
the relnotes is high enough already.

Maybe you could make the website look like that without any manual effort
using a reverse redirection rule (redirecting from this new area back
into the standard docs, for pages belonging to active branches).  But that
seems pretty confusing, and prone to redirection loops if we also have the
other thing.

Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal