Update cascade on stmt, not on table definition

От Felipenasc@aol.com
Тема Update cascade on stmt, not on table definition
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I saw I can define a table that specifies a ON UPDATE CASCADE for a Foreign Key.

I have a lot of tables with FK´s, and a lot of others with others FK's for the firts ones, and so on, and I haven´t
definedthe ON CASCADE clause on the FK´s tables.
Now I need to update a primary key on the "mother" table.

Is there a way to execute a stmt like 'update tbl set id_field=NEW_ID where id_field=OLD_ID on CASCADE', or something
likethat? Or do I need to redefine my tables, or the constraints?

Tks
Felipe Nascimento

Felipe Nascimento
webmaster@peladeiro.com.br