Re: Strange message followed by server crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange message followed by server crash
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Donald Fraser" <postgres@kiwi-fraser.net> writes:
> Log messages:
> <1Tmenteshvili 10709 2006-08-24 17:48:19 BST 0> ERROR:  invalid message format
> < 3670 2006-08-24 17:48:19 BST > LOG:  server process (PID 10709) was terminated by signal 11

> At the same time, an engineer, who thought nobody was in the building, was working on the network and changing a
networkswitch.

Hm, the "invalid message format" is unsurprising if the network suffered
a glitch and delivered bad data, but the backend crash is not good.
And what do you make of the apparent junk on the log line?  (What's
your log_line_prefix exactly?)

Given that this sounds like it won't be easy to reproduce, I'm hoping
you have a core file left from that and can get a stack trace from it.
That would give us some clue where to look.