Re: Slow connection to the database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Slow connection to the database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Poul_M=F8ller_Hansen?= <freebsd@pbnet.dk> writes:
>> Is it possible that you've got DNS timeouts happening or something
>> like that?  Though I don't think PG does reverse DNS lookups,
>> especially not by default.

> DNS was also my first thought, but the connection isn't logged so why do
> reverse lookup and with my clients ip address in /etc/hosts is same.

How do you know the delay isn't in the client's lookup of the server?

I concur with Doug's suggestion that you need to trace the connection
process to find out what's slow.  Personally I'd try strace (or local
equivalent) first; the odds are that you can spot the issue at the
kernel-call level.  You'd probably need to trace both the client and
server sides of the operation.