Re: a proposal for an extendable deparser

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: a proposal for an extendable deparser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Gudeman <dave.gudeman@gmail.com> writes:
> I would replace this with a table-driven deparser:
>         deparse_table[nodeTag(node)](node, context);

I don't actually see what this is going to buy for you.  You didn't
say exactly why ruleutils doesn't work for you, but reading between
the lines suggests that you want to add new node types.  There are
a *ton* of places that need to change for that, typically, and this
isn't going to fix it.

I've occasionally speculated about the possible value of switching
over to method-table-based node types (or maybe just biting the bullet
and going to C++) but it never really looked like it would be worth
the trouble.

Сообщение: Re: Hot standby, recovery infra
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby, recovery infra