Re: Keepalive

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Keepalive
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rui DeSousa <rui.desousa@icloud.com> writes:
> I have a very long running query that is not being terminated after a keep alive timeout event.  The situation is
thatthe client drops from the network, the servers’ tcp/ip stack drops the connection, and the Postgres query continues
torun without a network connection.

> The given system is running on Linux and I’m being told this is expected behavior; however, that is not has not been
myexperience.  My preferred platform to run Postgres on is FreeBSD and in cases like this the Postgres session is also
terminatedonce the tcp/ip connection is dropped by the kernel.

Really?

I would expect the query to keep running until the backend tries to
perform some I/O to the client.  How quickly that happens would depend
a great deal on the details of the query, but not on which OS you're
running on.

От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Keepalive
От: Chris Hoover
Сообщение: Outage caused by query in IPC:MessageQueueReceive wait????