Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 05/31/2016 11:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> One more consistency question: what's the effect of running out of
>>> max_parallel_workers?

>> ITYM max_worker_processes (ie, the cluster-wide pool size)?

> Yes.  Sorry for contributing to the confusion.  Too many
> similar-sounding parameter names.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing while preparing my docs patch.
At the risk of opening another can of worms, what about renaming
max_worker_processes as well?  It would be a good thing if that
had "cluster" in it somewhere, or something that indicates it's a
system-wide value not a per-session value.  "max_workers_per_cluster"
would answer, though I'm not in love with it particularly.