Re: Cold welcoming message when installing anything because of LLVM bitcode stuff

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cold welcoming message when installing anything because of LLVM bitcode stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> JIT is introducing the installation of LLVM bitcode modules, and any
> installation done results in the following comment in output, which
> repeats basically for all the extensions installed:
> # Then install files
> #
> # The many INSTALL_DATA invocations aren't particularly fast, it'd be
> # good if we could coalesce them, but I didn't find a good way.

> Andres, could it be possible to move at least that block of comments in
> a place where this is not user-visible?

Agreed, there shouldn't be comments in the emitted shell commands;
I'm a bit surprised that works at all.  Close inspection of the
"make install" output revealed a few other issues, which I hope
I fixed rather than making things worse.