Re: Timestamp with time zone change (error) in 7.3.2?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Timestamp with time zone change (error) in 7.3.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Doug Silver <dsilver@urchin.com> writes:
> On Wednesday 02 April 2003 11:35 am, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doug Silver <dsilver@urchin.com> writes:
>>> This does not affect tables with 'timestamp without time zone'.  I find
>>> it interesting that it changes the time to 1 minute before midnight.
>>
>> I can assure you it doesn't do that for other people.  What platform are
>> you on, how did you build Postgres exactly, and what timezone are you
>> using?

> [ vanilla-looking details ]

I'm stumped.  You ought to be getting

regression=# select * from test2;
 id |      date_entered
----+------------------------
  4 | 2003-04-01 00:00:00-08
  3 | 2003-04-01 00:00:00-08
(2 rows)

which is what I get on 7.3.2 with timezone set to 'PST8PDT'.  (It might
be worth checking that that string is actually valid in FreeBSD, though.
Try, at the shell,
    export TZ=GMT
    date
    export TZ=PST8PDT
    date
and check that the reported time adjusts to GMT and local time
correctly.)

Do you have the ability/willingness to dig into it with a debugger and
see where the conversion is going wrong?  Alternatively, if you are
willing to provide access to your machine, someone else (like me) could
look into it.