Re: Timestamp with time zone change (error) in 7.3.2?

От Doug Silver
Тема Re: Timestamp with time zone change (error) in 7.3.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wednesday 02 April 2003 11:35 am, Tom Lane wrote:
> Doug Silver <dsilver@urchin.com> writes:
> > This does not affect tables with 'timestamp without time zone'.  I find
> > it interesting that it changes the time to 1 minute before midnight.
>
> I can assure you it doesn't do that for other people.  What platform are
> you on, how did you build Postgres exactly, and what timezone are you
> using?
>
>             regards, tom lane

# select version();
                               version
 PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on i386-portbld-freebsd4.7, compiled by GCC 2.95.4

Built from FBSD ports system:
# head config.log
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by PostgreSQL configure 7.3.2, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.53.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib
--with-includes=/usr/local/include --enable-nls --with-openssl=/usr/local
--prefix=/usr/local i386-portbld-freebsd4.6

# show timezone;
 TimeZonetest=# select * from test2;
 id |      date_entered
----+------------------------
  4 | 2003-03-31 23:59:00-08
  3 | 2003-03-31 23:59:00-08
(2 rows)

----------
 unknown

Do I need to set the TZ variable in the pgsql's .cshrc or in the postgres
startup script?  Wait, that didn't change anything (but please let me know if
that should be set upon startup):

test=# set TIMEZONE TO 'PST8PDT';
SET
test=# show TIMEZONE;
 TimeZone
----------
 PST8PDT
(1 row)

test=# insert into test2 values (5,'04/01/2003'::timestamp);
INSERT 147308 1
test=# select * from test2;
 id |      date_entered
  4 | 2003-03-31 23:59:00-08
  3 | 2003-03-31 23:59:00-08
  5 | 2003-03-31 23:59:00-08

-doug

Сообщение: Re: Timestamp with time zone change (error) in 7.3.2?
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp with time zone change (error) in 7.3.2?