Re: Postgres XA support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres XA support
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Michael Allman <msa@allman.ms> writes:
> I think JDBC XA is going to require a lot more work.  The server-side 2PC
> support coming in postgres 8.1 is a good thing, but it's not XA.

Oh, I just *love* someone unilaterally relocating the goal posts
months after the design and implementation are frozen.  Especially
when the new location isn't even inside the same stadium.

Given that this is not happening in 8.1, and there isn't anyone
signed up to make it happen in any future release, what sort of
functionality can you get without it?  I tend to agree with Oliver
that it's not obvious why this is a core component without which
there can be no useful functionality.