Re: Glitch in handling of postmaster -o options

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Glitch in handling of postmaster -o options
Дата
Re: Glitch in handling of postmaster -o options  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Would someone give me a status on this?

I don't think we need any code changes.  If we decide to deprecate -o
(or anything else), it's just a documentation change.  So we can argue
about it during beta ...

>> If we notify of the impending deprecation now, to actually occur in 7.3,
>> would we be best intoducing alternative option names somewhere in the
>> 7.2 beta cycle so people writing scripts for 7.2 can use the new names
>> and know their scripts will work into the future?

The alternative option names already exist, in the form of GUC
variables.  For example, "--sort-mem=NNN" could replace -S NNN.