Re: Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Feng Xue" <feng@axe.net.au> writes:
> Actually this table is accessed by JDBC from a Jonas EJB entity bean. and it is constantly looked
> up, and after I
> use "ls -al" I can find that in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/The_data_base_name/The_huge_table
> timestamp is updated as the user access that table. I have no idea why the timestamp is keeping
> updated and the size is keeping growing even through there are no updateing and the rows are only
> 50.

Clearly, the table *is* being updated, whether you think it is or not.
You might want to check to see just what queries that bean is really
issuing.  One way to do that is to restart the postmaster with -d2
and look to see what queries get logged.  (Don't forget to redirect
the postmaster's stdout/stderr to some appropriate log file, and do
*not* use -S in the postmaster switches.)

Another possible source of unexpected updates is forgotten rules or
triggers.