Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns

От Feng Xue
Тема Re: a "huge" table with small rows and culumns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi, Adam and all,

Thanks for your reply, but the table has not been updated or deletes constantly, it is only looked
up frequently by other programs.

Actually this table is accessed by JDBC from a Jonas EJB entity bean. and it is constantly looked
up, and after I
use "ls -al" I can find that in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/The_data_base_name/The_huge_table
timestamp is updated as the user access that table. I have no idea why the timestamp is keeping
updated and the size is keeping growing even through there are no updateing and the rows are only
50.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers

feng