Re: Vacuum returns error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuum returns error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"William Meloney" <bmeloney@mindspring.com> writes:
> PG 7.2 and RH 7.2
> Developer dropped ~30+ tables from 4 different DBs on the same
> server.  Queiries began to fail: unable to locate file;
> /var/lib/pgsql/pg_clog/0006.

Hmm.  What files do you actually have in /var/lib/pgsql/pg_clog?
(I'd like to see an ls -l of that directory if possible; the sizes
and mod dates might be useful clues.)  Another useful bit of info
would be "select * from pg_database".

We've seen two or three reports of errors like this, which make me
think there's a corner-case bug or two lurking in the clog code.
Haven't been able to get enough data to track it down yet.