Re: CREATE TEMP TABLE AS SELECT/ GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE TEMP TABLE AS SELECT/ GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT
Дата
Re: CREATE TEMP TABLE AS SELECT/ GET DIAGNOSTICS  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@surnet.cl> writes:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 01:03:30AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So the initial evidence is that this was not an intentional change.
>> Do we want to revert it?  The behavior has been in the field now for
>> more than a full release cycle --- all 7.4.* releases behave this way
>> --- so one could argue that we should leave it be.

> ...  Personally I think it should be reverted.

OK, next question: is this a bug fix we should back-patch into 7.4,
or just change it in HEAD?

> One thing: I couldn't find GET DIAGNOSTICS documentation for Oracle's
> PL/SQL by googling around.  Is this PL/pgSQL-specific stuff?

It's in the SQL99 spec, though arguably plpgsql is misusing it.