Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Дата
Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> the new fsync-pgdata-on-recovery code tries to open all files using
> O_RDWR. At least on 9.1, this can make recovery fail:

Hm.  I wonder whether it would be all right to just skip files for which
we get EPERM on open().  The argument being that if we can't write to the
file, we should not be held responsible for fsync'ing it either.  But
I'm not sure whether EPERM would be the only relevant errno, or whether
there are cases where this would mask real problems.