Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Дата
Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've not followed this thread all that closely, but I do tend to agree
> with the idea of "only try to mess with files that are *clearly* ours to
> mess with."

Well, that opens us to errors of omission, ie failing to fsync things we
should have.  Maybe that's an okay risk, but personally I'd judge that
"fsync everything and ignore (some?) errors" is probably a more robust
approach over time.