Re: [HACKERS] unique indexes and pqlib

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] unique indexes and pqlib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> 1) Is there any reason why I can't create a unique index on an int8?
>    It tells me this:
>     ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 20.

int8 is new and not very thoroughly supported yet.  Probably there
just isn't support for making an index on it (Thomas?).

> 2) Are there any more changes expected in the code for libpq?

Ever?  Yes.  Before 6.4 release?  Perhaps not, but I wouldn't swear to
it.  We are at a bug-fixes-only stage of the release cycle, but I do not
promise there are no bugs in libpq.

Why do you care, exactly?  You shouldn't need to worry whether a
library you use is changing internally, as long as the API is stable
(and I certainly hope we do not find bugs that force an API change
at this point...)