Re: S1010 function sequence error after ODBC-driver-upgrade

От Markus Wollny
Тема Re: S1010 function sequence error after ODBC-driver-upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
One thing I found out: I deinstalled the driver in the control panel
again, looked for any psql*.dll-files in the system-directory and
subdirectories, deleted them, installed PostgreSQL-ODBC 7.3.100 again,
tried again - still no luck. But after that I selected the "PostgeSQL
Legacy" driver for the datasource in the ODBC-Datasource-Administrator,
an now it works again. Even when changing back to the regular
PostgreSQL-driver, it keeps working - at least for now, but I wonder for
how long. Any ideas how this behaviour may have come about?

    -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
    Von: Markus Wollny
    Gesendet: So 09.11.2003 23:31
    An: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
    Betreff: [ODBC] S1010 function sequence error after
ODBC-driver-upgrade

    Hello!

    We upgraded the PostgreSQL-ODBC-drivers on our webservers last
friday;
    installed version before the upgrade was 7.3.100, I upgraded to
7.3.200.
    We've got PostgreSQL 7.3.4 running on linux-servers; the
ODBC-driver ist
    used on Windows 2000 Server, running IIS or Apache 2.0 and
ColdFusion
    5.0.

    Since upgrading, we very often get ODBC Error Code = S1010
(Function
    sequence error). This happens on some (but not all) tables when
    attempting to do several UPDATEs or DELETEs in one script. The
error is
    persistent - it doesn't help to restart the server; VACUUM
ANALYZE on
    the same table works flawlessly, so does doing the exact same
queries
    via PGAdminII (not so very recent version and thus older
ODBC-drivers,
    too).

    When creating a new table, inserting a dozen rows or so and then
trying
    updates or deletes on this table in a ColdFusion-script,
everything
    works just fine, so we cannot willingly reproduce the symptoms
on any
    more than the affected production-tables.

    I read up on the subject of S1010 a bit and I found suggestions
that one
    reason might be "SQLExecute" being called before "SQLPrepare". I
installed the new PostgreSQL-ODBC driver via control panel and
    reinstalled 7.3.100 on one server - but that didn't help at all.
I don't
    know if uninstalling an reinstalling the old version does
provide pro a
    "clean" rollback of all ODBC-driver-components to the previous
version -
    so I'm not sure, if not some remains of the 7.3.200-install do
still
    cause this problem.

    I am absolutely sure that we didn't change anything else but
this
    ODBC-driver-update on our webservers since before the errors
occured
    until first occurrence - no Windows Update, no
ColdFusion-Patches, no
    changing of any settings.

    Could you give me some hints as to where and what to check next
and
    maybe how to assure a complete removal of any system-changes the
update
    might have caused?

    Thank you very much!

    Regards