Re: Missing or errooneous pg_hba.conf file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Missing or errooneous pg_hba.conf file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> writes:
> After takin a swig o' Arrakan spice grog, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) belched out:
>> Bill Chandler <billybobc1210@yahoo.com> writes:
>>> Interestingly the same 7.4.1 binary running on a different machine did
>>> not exhibit the problem.  Could it be a Solaris patch level thing?
>>
>> Seems likely.  Can you update and see if that fixes it?

> Hmm...  I think I have seen the same thing.

Interesting.  I forgot to mention that a likely workaround (in 7.4.*
anyway) is to use CIDR-style specification of host+mask: "127.0.0.1/32"
instead of "127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255".  That would avoid calling
getaddrinfo for the troublesome value.  But it would be nice to verify
whether this is a Solaris bug or our own fault.