Re: dropping a user causes pain (#2)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dropping a user causes pain (#2)
Дата
Re: dropping a user causes pain (#2)  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Ah OK, I must have been thinking of the database owner check.  I'd vote for
> (1) checking that they own no objects and by default owning all their stuff
> to the database owner.  Plus add an optional clause:
> DROP USER foo OWNER TO bob;

If you can suggest a plausible way that DROP USER is going to change the
contents of other databases (which might well contain things owned by
the target user), this might get onto the TODO list --- although I'd
personally prefer RESTRICT/CASCADE options.  So far, since no one has
the foggiest idea how to implement cross-database removal, it's just
been left as-is.