Re: git: uh-oh

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Re: git: uh-oh  (Max Bowsher <maxb@f2s.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Max Bowsher <maxb@f2s.com> writes:
> The history that cvs2svn is aiming to represent here is this:

> 1) At the time of creation of the REL8_4_STABLE branch, plperl_opmask.pl
> did *not* exist.

> 2) Later, it was added to trunk.

> 3) Then, someone retroactively added the branch tag to the file, marking
> it as included in the REL8_4_STABLE branch. [This corresponds to the git
> changeset that Robert is questioning]

Uh, no.  We have never "retroactively added" anything to any branch.
I don't know enough about the innards of CVS to know what its internal
representation of this sort of thing is, but all that actually happened
here was a "cvs add" and a "cvs commit" in REL8_4_STABLE long after the
branch occurred.  We would like the git history to look like that too.