Re: [HACKERS] Deferred trigger queue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Deferred trigger queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>     looking at all the complications about dealing with segmented
>     files etc., I wonder if it's really worth the efford  to  add
>     file buffering to the trigger queue.

You shouldn't be thinking about that.  Use a BufFile (see
src/include/storage/buffile.h), and you have temp file creation,
file segmentation and auto cleanup at xact abort with no more work
than fopen/fwrite would be.  See nodeHash.c/nodeHashjoin.c for an
example of use.

>     Of  course,  if  someone  updates  millions  of rows in an RI
>     scenario during one  transaction,  it  could  blow  away  the
>     backend. But I'd prefer to leave this as a well known problem
>     for 7.1 and better start on creating a good  regression  test
>     and some documentation for it.

However, if you think that there are other tasks that are higher
priority than this one, I won't argue.