AW: [HACKERS] Another nasty cache problem

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: [HACKERS] Another nasty cache problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Chris Bitmead <chrisb@nimrod.itg.telstra.com.au> writes:
> > What about portals? Doesn't psql use portals?
>
> No ... portals are a backend concept ...

I think the previous frontend "monitor" did use a portal for the
selects. The so called "blank portal".

I don't really see any advantage, that psql does not do a fetch loop
with a portal.
Is it possible in psql do do any "fetch" stuff, after doing a
select * from table ?

The result is fed to a pager anyway.

Andreas