Re: Changed SRF in targetlist handling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Changed SRF in targetlist handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>> Ah, so that's what "pipeline results" mean!  I hadn't gotten that.  I
>> agree; Abhijit had a patch or a plan for this, a long time ago ...

> ​Is this sidebar strictly an implementation detail, not user visible?

Hmm.  It could be visible in the sense that the execution of multiple
functions in one ROWS FROM() construct could be interleaved, while
(I think) the current implementation runs each one to completion
serially.  But if you're writing code that assumes that, I think you
should not be very surprised when we break it.  In any case, that
would not affect the proposed translation for SRFs-in-tlist, since
those have that behavior today.